[Reader-list] Right To Food Article's - 9

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:21:44 IST 2009

I was highly appalled on reading this article, having completed my entire
schooling in Madhya Pradesh and considering myself to be of this state
(rather than Tamil Nadu which seems alien to me in many respects, though I
accept I am a Tamil).

 I still wonder how did the BJP win at all in the 2008 elections, when the
levels of education and health are actually falling or hardly rising in
different parts of the state. What is particularly shameful is also the kind
of debates which took place around the elections, regarding Sadhvi Pragya
and Mumbai blasts, rather than concentrating on the performance of the
Shivraj Singh Chauhan-led state govt in the past 5 years. Better debates on
public action and policy would definitely have seen the end of BJP govt,
which has not only been a failure on health and education fronts, but also
on the law and order front, and soon if this continues, MP will become the
next Bihar. And unlike Bihar, we don't have a Nitish Kumar to save
ourselves.

I will just put one more incident which people would like to know. In the
Sabharwal murder case (where Prof. Sabharwal was murdered), the cameras and
media people had actually recorded the proceedings which finally resulted in
death of the professor. And yet, when it came to collecting evidence, all
that was 'gone'! How come this happened, is of course a question which the
higher authorities may have an answer to. And when witnesses turned hostile,
the farcical nature of the trial was out in the open. And finally, once the
ABVP activists were acquitted, they were celebrating with processions of the
kind seen in marriage parties, in Bhopal, right in front of the CM's house,
and undertook a yatra for the same, resulting in problems of traffic
management.

When goondas celebrate such acquittals right in front of the CM's house, you
know what is the state of law and order there. I don't think even Bihar
would have witnessed such a scene in the 15 years of Lalu raj.

Regards

Rakesh