[Reader-list] Fw: Imran Hashmi takes a U turn

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 00:58:46 IST 2009

Dear Mr Sengupta,
                  What I wanted to emphasize was small issues do come up and they need not necessarily be taken as being based on religion.The example I gave was to let the people know if you a right, others too have a right. In the experience of the Society, to the best of my knowledge Muslims were not barred.I never made an issue because I understand the people who have formed a Society have certain rights.Even if I wished to make an issue, I couldn't have because I belong to the majority community and as such have no Commission where I could have made a complaint.
Don't you think the reverse discrimination never happens, but I have yet to see anyone highlighting it.
Would not it have been more appropriate if the Govt had created a Discrimination Commission( or Anti-Discrimination Commission) where every citizen who was discriminated against could go and file an application instead of a Minorities Commission  and such other Commissions? But ,Sir that won't have given the ruling political party vote banks.
Regards,

(A.K.MALIK)