[Reader-list] The Wall Project : Mumbai

Jeebesh jeebesh at sarai.net
Wed Aug 12 13:16:37 IST 2009

The Wall Project : Mumbai (www.thewallproject.com)

Dear All,

A bit about us & the new initiative.

ABOUT
The Wall Project, a humble project that started out with a few
enthusiastic people, is growing to be a bigger, better project. It was
an initiative to add visual elements of colour, form and texture to a
space, to make the area more alive and generate a feeling among people
who pass by it daily.

This process allows one to be more observant about the spaces we use
and move within and how we can use various art forms in the public
sphere to generate an interest in the minds of our daily human lives.
The Wall Project in its own way tries to start a conversation, with no
political or religious attachments.

THE GREAT WALL OF MUMBAI

The Wall Project  along with the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai is
initiating painting sessions on the Tulsi Pipe Road, stretching from
Mahim to Dadar running along the Western Railway line in Mumbai.  The
first phase starts on the 15th -16th August 2009,  0800 HRS onwards.

CANVAS
- look for an arrow indicating the start point on the Walls of Tulsi
Pipe Road, (closer to Mahim(West) Railway station) And we could begin
painting in that direction.
-  it would be nice to come prepared with a thought about what you
would like to paint and how much wall space you will require.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- its open to all. show up on 15th/16th August, 08:00am - 08:00pm and
paint your style.
- if you are apprehensive about painting all by yourself then you
could assist people who are painting.
- you could come as a group (friends, family etc) with hopefully a
constructive idea and paint it.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND
* no adverts, no religious writings on the wall, hopefully no
political slogans, no foul language.

* there is a limited amount of paint supplies on location, so early
birds...

* being a weekend/national holiday some paint/hardware shops may be
shut or close shop early, so you would want to check on what you
require in advance.

** clean up around you once your wall is complete  J

All further updates will be on THE WALL PROJECT group on
FACEBOOK. :-)       direct link

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to write in at  - info at thewallproject.com

Hope to c u there.

The Wall Project Team