[Reader-list] universal civil code

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:45:39 IST 2009

Light from the star, and all in the list,
 the following are the Acts which govern different citizens of the nation on
the basis of faith:-

   Hindu Succession Act,

  Hindu Marriage Act;

  Muslim marriage Act and Christian marriage act are no more in statute,
replaced by Special marriages Act, which covers registration aspects of
marriage so as to be the marriage is legally recognized between different
individuals of different faith, so also separation., rights of the
separated.

 Criminal procedure code is common to all citizens irrespective of their
faiths, civil procedure code for hindus and others is different as as per
muslim and christian weddings , they are marriage contracts solemnised by a
clergy.Here, please note, the marriage is a contract, with a nikah nama, /
 registered in church and hence divorce is within the the two contracted
persons to terminate as the procedure is available for such divorce.In
practise, the divorce is most misused weapon of the male dominated society,
is the truth.

Regards, Rajen.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM, A.K. Malik <akmalik45 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Mr Tara Prakash,
>                      There are three distinct marriage act-Hindu Marriage
> Act,1955; Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act (perhaps 1938 or so), Christian
> Marriage Act. However there is a Special Marriage Act for any citizen
> getting married in Court by The Registrar of Marriages who is usually a
> designated Judicial Officer from the State Judicial Service.This requires
> giving one month's notice so that anyone having objection can intervene.
> Another thing being talked about is UNIFORM CIVIL CODE which the BJP is
> advocating so that the same laws apply to people of all religions in the
> country.
> Regards,
>
> (A.K.MALIK)

Rajen.