[Reader-list] Absence of Husain at Art Summit

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:11:45 IST 2009

Dear Murali ji

fine, if you want to a Hindu face of Muslim Fundamentalism, fine,
i wont touch you, as both are  more dangerous than swine flue to
Freedom of Expression.

about suggesting what Artists should do or what they should not.
what do you think if they listen to each and every body about their
inner drives to choose their subject matters.
will there  be art and poetry.

imagine, Ghalib composing his verses after listening to a Maulana ji
at the mosque

let us laugh, and let the artistic freedom thrive in a society which
is already reeling under threat from various other factors.

with love
is