[Reader-list] Absence of Husain at Art Summit

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 13:20:22 IST 2009

Dear all,
    it is not worthwhile to discuss the issue of Hussain and his paintings
and his artistic credibility as the list has whole lot of responses in the
archives.

   It is only, enough to reiterate that personal freedom is not absolute in
any society, civilized one, and personal freedom is not licence to hurt
others in body, mind and soul. .As long as this sense of responsibility is
prevalent, sensibility is intact, the freedom of all is safe in society.

  As to God, all faiths have the same underlining cornerstone, that God is
all powerful, graceful, omni present. But human mind being fickle needs some
symbol to concentrate on, to realize the presence of god within. The
crucified messenger of God, the walls of divine  Kaba, or the images of,
from, the  shlokas do just that, mind to focus inward for few moments
to realize the power of mind, which has God in it.

   Sabka malik ek hai. Issue is misuse of the concept of faith to garner
power to rule others in society., which is of a very short term goal, fails
in the long run as the education, health care and essentials of life are not
made available, dinity to live and earn is denied, all faiths fail as the
oppressed come out of the opium of religiosity.Spiritual mind needs faith in
oneself more than faith in the religiosity.Rituals followed without
understanding the meaning or significance of such rituals remain only
rituals , nothing more .

Regards,

Rajen.

Rajen.