[Reader-list] India on a list of countries which have failed to protect its religious minorities adequately

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 17:08:07 IST 2009

I am talking about Europe and USA, not Saudi Arabia. The You-tube link you
gave was referring to these two entities, hence I wanted to know about the
same. Are Muslims restricting the freedoms of individuals living there? If
yes, why? Is it lack of public discussion or difference in value systems?
What can be done in either case? Is the problem intrinsic to Islam? If no,
then what is the case? If yes, then what can be done to change the nature of
Islam? And if no solutions are possible (after exhausting all the
possibilities), should we ban Islam? Should these nations ask Muslims to
leave the nation so that the rest can leave peacefully with their rights
secure? Should they be sent to settle in any other country (like Jews were
settled in Israel)? What costs and benefits are involved in these
arrangements?

These are just some of the questions which need to be asked, before making
any value-based judgements on these nations.