[Reader-list] UID Cards

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 17:16:00 IST 2009

Dear Taha

This system actually works both ways in discrimination. One of my
batchmates, I remember, being a resident of Chennai, told me that when one
of his relatives went for interview for a post in Anna University, he was
sneered at because he was a Brahmin (an Iyer), because the panel of
interviewers were from backward castes and Dalits (5 interviewers total).
(And he didn't get the job, as usual)

Equally, in the north, I have heard of cases in the way you talk about. The
point is that both of these are wrong, and they should be criticized. But
criticism won't ensure it's not occurring again in the society. To do that,
informed public discussion is a must. (Even for UID)

Thanks for the complement.

Regards

Rakesh