[Reader-list] Corporate Dominance of Every Aspects of Our Lives Is Suffocating Us (By Helaine Olen, in AlterNet. )

Venugopalan K M kmvenuannur at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 17:57:51 IST 2009

http://www.alternet.org/media/141828/corporate_dominance_of_every_aspects_of_our_lives_is_suffocating_us/?page=entire

Corporate Dominance of Every Aspects of Our Lives Is Suffocating us

By Helaine Olen, AlterNet. Posted August 7, 2009.

Author Doug Rushkoff warns of the dominance of profit and consumerism
in our mindsets, and offers a way out of the corporate culture.
Tools
email EMAIL
print PRINT
71 COMMENTS

Share and save this post:

Share on Facebook

AlterNet Social Networks:
follow us on twitter
find us on Facebook

Also in Media and Technology

Rush Limbaugh's "Nazi" Rhetoric: Where's the Outrage?
Eric Boehlert

Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Lou Dobbs Enflame Scary Right-Wing Rage
John V. Santore

Whatever Happened to Progressive Talk Radio? Did Air America Kiss it Good Bye?
Cynthia Lowen

What the Mainstream Press Can Learn from Matt Taibbi's Takedown of Goldman Sachs
Dean Starkman

The New Yorker Magazine's Strange Embrace of Hate-Spewing Shock Jock
Michael Savage
Eric Boehlert

Why You Should Be Watching Cable TV Comedies and Drama to Understand the Economy
Alan Farago
More stories by Helaine Olen

RSS icon Media and Technology RSS Feed

RSS icon Main AlterNet RSS Feed
Upcoming AlterNet stories on Digg
Digg
What is Digg?

    * 58 diggs
      Burning Questions for the Authors of 'Marijuana Is Safer'

      The authors of a new book on misconceptions about marijuana
respond to the torrent of comments on an excerpt published on
AlterNet. On August 6, AlterNet posted an excerpt from the new book
Marijuana Is Safer: So Why Are We Driving Americans to Drink? (Chelsea
Green, 2009). Reader response was overwhelming. Within hours, the
excerpt was....
    * 50 diggs
      10 Awesome Things Would Happen If Health Reform Passes

      Forget the fearmongering scare tactics of the right, here's how
your life will actually be better. The truth about health care reform.
    * 41 diggs
      Lou Dobbs Tours Single-Payer Systems Abroad and Realizes...

      Has CNN's government-out-of-my-face bloviator actually had a
change of heart when it comes to Obama's health plan?
    * 32 diggs
      Right-Wing Militias Haven't Always Been Racist- they are now

      There are growing signs that militias are on the rise again and
now their target isn't just government, but Blacks and Latinos.
    * 25 diggs
      7 Ways We Can Fight Back Against the Rising Fascist Threat |

      Why the right-wing extremism must be stopped in its tracks or
else we face the threat of outright violence and goon rule.