[Reader-list] a letter to Sarai admin

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 20:13:45 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh
No one is talking about muzzling your voice. I never blamed you directly nor am I talking about any "high" or intellectual conversation. My problem is not the quality but the quantity of posts. (even the deletion and filtering takes up some energy and time). And if one were follow the "back-door" technique to muzzle you (as you mention), one won't have posted the message to all. Instead one would call Monica and say "psst... can you block that guy".

You know, when someone says "you have the right to unsubscribe if you don't like my posts but I will continue to post", it sounds like my nasty neighbour who built yet another illegal floor on top of his house last month and blocked all of the sunshine coming into my courtyard. When I complaint, he shrugged "I haven't stopped you from building another floor on your house and go further up to catch your sunshine if you want..."

cheers

Yousuf