[Reader-list] Be a mentor...change a life : The BRM Mentorship Program

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:45:49 IST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chandni Parekh

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Abhishek Thakore <abhishek.thakore at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/8/18
Subject: Be a mentor...change a life : The BRM Mentorship Program

Dear All

The BRM Mentorship Program is is a youth mentoring program initiated by Blue
Ribbon Movement.

In essence, this program links 10-18 year olds with adults from 23 - 30
years.

Its not only an opportunity to create an enriching relationship but also a
way to give back to the society at large.
 The idea is to spend only 4 hours a month together with your choosen
mentee. You could do anything over the hour - just take a walk or have a
small chat...play something or catch a movie

This program has been successfully launched in 12 other countries. Studies
have shown that mentees of this program are better at academic performance,
handling peer pressure and staying off inappropriate habits.

We are launching a test pilot of this program before we roll it out.

If you are interested in mentoring, get in touch with us.

Once selected, you will be paired with a younger mentee from similar
background, interests and gender.

This involves a committment of 4 hours each for 3 months.

More details will be provided at our meeting.

Additionally if you have some youngsters who you believe could benefit from
mentoring, please take a note of them - we would be happy to match them with
mentors.

To start off with your participation, please be present on Saturday, August
22nd at 6:30 pm at Prithvi Theater, Juhu. This will be an orientation
meeting for the program.

Request you to confirm your participation by sending an email to
abhishek.thakore at gmail.com or texting on 9920279683

To know more about BRM please visit www.waysofwinners.com/brm

Finally, please forward this mail to those you think might be interested in
this program.

Cheers!
Abhishek