[Reader-list] Rahul Gandhi to be guest of honour at workshop on NREGA- 204

Ram Prasad Sharma ramprasadsharma.india at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 19:28:59 IST 2009

Dear Taha

I appreciate your concern about an issue whose hits and misses, fallacies
and truths, and facts and (mis)interpretations, theory and praxis (or
practice) have not yet been understood in totality. However, the archives
seem to give me just a sense that people have only gone for reading the
articles and haven't posted their own views as to why they feel it may be
right or wrong. (At least most of them).

Not that such an action would not entail repetition of views, but at least
it's important for people to voice their concerns as well as to why it's
right according to them and why it's wrong. The archives seem to give an
impression that only Taha, Shuddhabrata ( or Shuddha as you call
yourself),Jeebesh, and some of the others (in bits and pieces) are concerned
about the issue enough to speak about it. What is needed is a thorough
understanding and then a proper discussion, which is not the case.

And when I joined this forum, I got to know that posting one's views is
appreciated more than simply posting articles.

It would therefore be great, if people could simply state why they feel
right and why they feel wrong about it. There can be a contradictory
response or pointing to limitations and advantages of it, but at least
people should put forth their views. Or is there a restriction on doing so?

Thank you for the mail and the link to archives though.

*Awaaz goonjegi ek ki, makaam haasil nahi hoga*
*Mohabbat ka maidan nahi yeh, ehd-e-wafa haasil nahi hoga*
*Jung hai yeh awaam ki, apne zameer ki mere doston*
*Khamoshi ko saaya bana loge, insaaf haasil nahi hoga*

(If only one speaks against injustice, then we won't reach our goal. This is
not the field of love, and you wouldn't get a pledge-of-love here. This is a
fight of the people, of one's conscience, my dear friends, and if you make
silence your shadow, then you won't get justice.)

In one simple gist, we all have to fight together if we perceive something
as injustice.(Sorry if my shayari is not good, but I try to put what I can
as per context)

Regards

Ram