[Reader-list] International Gandhi Peace Competition (Creative Art/ Writing)

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 01:58:17 IST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hitesh Gusani 3D <reachus at 3dindia.com>

*Creative Art / Writing Competition*

          (Entry closes 18 Sept 2009)

*Free Entry*

‘Gandhi Peace Centre-Australia’ and ‘Bombay Sarvodaya Mandal’ are jointly
celebrating ‘UN declared International Peace and Non-Violence day’
from 21stSeptember - 2
nd October 2009.

Be a messenger of peace and harmony.  Splash your thoughts on posters,
paintings or speak through poems, slogans and songs. Itching to write your
essay, stories or your thoughts?  Pick up your pen, which is mightier than
the sword! This competition will not only showcase the talent but will also
reveal the secret thoughts the younger generation has.

*Age groups*:   a) 3 to 7 years b) 8 to 12 years c) 13 to 17 years d) 18
years and above

 *Submission invited for: **Logo/poster Design, Poetry, Songs, Slogans,*

    *Essay, Short-stories, Creative writing*

Choose any one of the following:

Peace and Non-Violence; Harmony and Unity; Relevance of Multiculturalism;
Truth; Sustainable Future; Recycling      *OR*

·         What’s happening to the world around me?

·         People like me because……….

·         Disagreeing with views and not with the people……...

·         Be the change you want to see in the world…..

·         My dream……….

·        Global warming – Lessons learnt from my/others mistakes ………

*TIPS:**                 *

1.      The work should be your own and original.  Acknowledge the source of
reference.

2.      Use materials such as sketch-pens / pencil and paper / wood / cloth
/ stones / metal or any other craft material which is recycled and
environment friendly for creating logo/poster designs.

3.      When deciding the size and material of the logo/poster, keep in mind
how you would submit it to the organizer.

4.      *The Topic selected* should be mentioned in your submission.

5.      *Maximum two entries* will be accepted *per participant*

6.      Posters may be drawn on A4 or A3 size.

7.      Essays should be written maximum up to 4 (A4 size) pages and should
have legible writing or print on both side of the page with font size 12.

8.      Judges decision will be final.

*PRIZES:*

Note: Age-group wise prizes

3 to 7 years

AU$75

AU$50

8 to 12 years

AU$100

AU$50

13 to 17 years

AU$ 100

AU$75

18 years and above

AU$ 200

AU$75

*SUBMISSION DEADLINES:*

1.      All entries *must be **accompanied* with the completed ‘Entry Form’
and received before Friday 18th September 2009 or else it would be
considered ineligible.

2.      *All submissions  should be sent to*:

3/1 Reid Avenue Wentworthville NSW 2145.

*For enquires: *Bharati Mehta: 9687 0061      Nidhi Sharma:  0430 544 080

* *

*RESULTS:*

1.  The results will be declared on 2nd  October 2009.

2.  Winners will be informed by email or post if email is unavailable.

3.  Kindly ensure that you incorporate correct and complete details in the
Entry Form.

**

**

*ENTRY FORM*

*Gandhi Centre is a charitable Not for Profit incorporated Organisation.*

**

**

Name of the participant: …………………………………………………………………  Age:……………..

Address: …………………………………………………………………….…….……………..

I give consent for my child ……………………………….’s entry and the use of material on
Gandhi Centre Australia ’s websites.     Parent/Carer’s Signature:……………………

* *

* *

*Please Note: All personal information will be kept confidential.* *All
materials received in the contest will become the property of Gandhi  Centre
Australia (GCA) and may be published on the GCA’s website or may be used in
the future activities of GCA.*