[Reader-list] Microsoft’s young leader does Himachal ...- 207

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 24 06:57:09 IST 2009

Dear All

As the profile below indicates the real people, who are going to
script the codes which may determine our identity as our own identity,
are going to be like Vikram Jeet Singh, who at age 23, 'has just
completed working on a project for identification purposes that can
even be regarded as a prototype for the upcoming Unique Universal
Identity Card project taken up by the Government of India under the
guidance of former Infosys head Nandan Nilenkani. '

Micro-soft which is scouting the country for a new generation of
techo-laborers/leaders/bureaucrats identified Vikram Jeet Singh who is
now being labeled as MS's 'young leader'.

Please read the story below for more.

Warm regards

Taha

http://www.himvani.com/news/2009/08/23/microsofts-young-leader-does-himachal-proud/3452/

Microsoft’s young leader does Himachal ...

“Big multinational companies hire only from the IITs & IIMs,” is what
youths generally think. But the mindset seems to be fast changing with
more number of students with their sheer hard work proving that talent
does not need a brand name. The statement has proved true for this
young talent from Shimla, Vikram Jeet Singh, who is among the 23
candidates selected from lakhs of engineering students from all over
the country to be a Microsoft’s Young Leader this year.

Back in 2006, his first big achievement came as he emerged as a North
India topper in computer science in the ISC board exams at St.
Edward’s School. After that, in the very first year of engineering, he
got selected as a Microsoft ppl_soceityStudent Partner. “I was the
youngest person sitting among all the 31 final/pre-final year students
during my first-ever All India MSP Boot Camp held at the Microsoft’s
Gurgaon office in 2007,” proudly says Vikram, who has now attended
various Boot Camps at Goa, Hyderabad, Bangalore & Gurgaon. Even at
Microsoft, he is the youngest but yet most experienced MSP. As a MSP,
he is responsible for conducting technology related seminars,
promoting the .NET platform, deployment of software & email solutions,
etc for various educational institutes in and around his region, which
happens to be almost the whole of North India as he is the only MSP
from the adjoining states. Some of the institutes he mentioned are the
HP University, St. Bede’s College, SLIET-Sangrur, SVIET-Banur,
IEET-Baddi, etc where he is most active.

Another big feat attached to his name is that he recently got selected
as a part of the Young Leader Program, initiated by LeadCap in a joint
venture with Microsoft. “I never forced him for anything; whatever he
likes he can do as I have full faith in his abilities,” says his
proud father Er Satbir Singh, who is working as an assistant engineer
with the HP State Electricity Board. His mother’s eyes were full of
joyful tears & thanked God for all, as we spoke to her. The HP
University Institute of Information Technology is proud to have him
around,. “We are glad at his achievements at a young age & wish him
even greater success. He has made us proud,” speaks the director of
the institute.

About his future plans, Vikram disclosed that he has just completed
working on a project for identification purposes that can even be
regarded as a prototype for the upcoming Unique Universal Identity
Card project taken up by the Government of India under the guidance of
former Infosys head Nandan Nilenkani. He plans to explore his
leadership skills for the upliftment of the people of North India. He
says that it could be great if he can do something for the export of
lesser known but healthy fruits such as pears, kiwi etc out of
Himachal. While concluding, Vikram paid a silent smile and dedicated
his achievements and luck to the M factor.