[Reader-list] Shourie's inhumanity

shreyas sardesai shreyassardesai at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 23:04:15 IST 2009

Arun Shourie in his interview to NDTV's Walk the Talk

"And frankly, I must say, I was more affected by Atalji’s pain than by what had happened in Gujarat. Maybe this is my inhumanity or something. I can’t claim that I was that great liberal."

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/atalji-sat-in-the-flight-head-down.-main-kaise-utroonga...-is-kalank-gujarat-riots-ko-mere-munh-par-laga-diya...-but-he-was-thwarted/507118/12

"but I must say that I was not all the time for this, that Modi has to go because of the killings, because in my view such things happen as a reaction, as happened in Delhi as a reaction to (Indira) Gandhi’s brutal killing. You can’t then prevent those things. Nobody can prevent those things."

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/atalji-sat-in-the-flight-head-down.-main-kaise-utroonga...-is-kalank-gujarat-riots-ko-mere-munh-par-laga-diya...-but-he-was-thwarted/507118/14