[Reader-list] Fwd: In Valley, gunmen take to moral policing: ‘enforce hijab in college’

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 17:27:22 IST 2009

Hi Rakesh,
           Have you seen anyone going in any indecent dress in any sad gatherings like death,chautha, uthala etc.No body enforces the rules, people do not dress indecently(this also is subjective).But when you are drawing lines-for you bikini or bermuda may be the limiting side,for someone else it may be low skirts,low neck dresses etc.And this definition of decency changes from person to person and time to time.I remember actor Salman Khan saying in a recent interview whatever girls wear is OK with a lttle low below and a little high up.Someone in authority may thus want to impose his views on those being controlled by him/her in his/her own way.
It is a very fluid situation but when it is given a religious colour,it becomes worse.
Regards,

(A.K.MALIK)