[Reader-list] Your views on the book "Satya Darshini" by christian missionaries

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 09:29:09 IST 2009

Murali ji

There are many things I wonder about the religions which we follow, and
these are great indeed. What is important to note is to look at positive
sides of these and not on the negative side. What is required is to learn
good out of things, not bad.

Gandhi did many bad things as well. So must have Muhammad.. Even Ram and
Krishna can't be spared. And Christ may also have done some as well. What we
must do is to learn good from them, good being good for the people entirely,
not just for us alone. Not bad things like marrying a girl of my daughter's
age without her understanding what marriage is all about, or having 1,000
wives, or attributing an earthquake to the practice of untouchability. (all
of which may have contexts, but to be just replicated from that life as it
is into today's times would be wrong. And even the particular act in that
own context may be wrong)

So therefore, I may believe in some Ram, but only with the intention of
taking good from Ram's life, not certainly bad. And all that good has to be
based upon reason and social good and freedom as well.

So Al-Qaeda or RSS, both are the same to me. Al Qaeda believes in Islamic
nationalism, RSS  believes in Hindu nationalism (which they equate with
Indian nationalism). But they can't and shouldn't be given the right to
enforce their lifestyles or values they believe in, on others. Their culture
seems to be a copy of what the British Raj was all about: 'civilizing those
being ruled by us'.

Regards

Rakesh