[Reader-list] "We Are All Hindus Now"

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 30 16:02:07 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,
            I fully agree with your views.Everyone is entitled to live the way they want and follow their own set of faith and rules etc so long as these do not infringe upon others' rights. You have rightly said that when one particular set of people(who live life in some particular way) force their will upon others to make them live in the same particular way as well is not acceptable. This is applicable  whether the enforcer belongs to the same religion or other.
2. It is said that faith has no scientific tests for belief to be proved.If you believe in something,you believe in it sometimes without reason or logic or sometimes because of the beliefs instilled in you in your upbringings.It appears that more and more outfits/persons are out to impose their ways of lives on others because they get into limelight and prominence, as also the inaction of the authorities in power.Religions are all man-made, God is supposed to be ONE.I believe everyone to respect other faiths whether one agrees/disagrees with its tenets. You always have good people and bad people in every type of religion. We only need to follow the good things from our religious cultures and leave the bad things which may have had relevance at the time of the epics but are not relevant today.
3. What happened in Mangalore was sheer Goondism nothing else.This type of goondism is spreading now to all fields of life and there is a need to control the same by punishing the people involved  in such acts of goondism.
With best regards,

(A.K.MALIK)