[Reader-list] Karnataka becomes pilot state for ID project - 212

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:13:22 IST 2009

Hi,
 Taha,

 true it is a fact that those celebs will have to be concerned about their
visibility as more Indians seem to be keen to know the private life of
public figures in public life, as all of us know that humans in general have
strengths and weaknesses for many things in life, when these anchors have
merciless bashings on selective targets.
    It is time that such visible anchors of tvs are exposed that they are
not so high on moral pedestal as they claim to be, when they talk to
other panelists on tv shows of news channels. A Barkha, Rajdeep or Arnab and
many more columnists are fully exposed if their private life is exposed just
like that they do for the trps, and a day will not be far when a Nidhi in
Mysore could not even grieve for death of her spouse thanks again to media.!

Arnab on his show in news was at the worst with his approach of a mercenary
for the advertisement revenue he could get for his channel and these anchors
having the holier than thou attitude just because they have the media
degree/diploma and are "journalists" to have a license to be arrogant about
reports in journalism of tabloid kind.Ofcourse the padmashri awards for
these anchors and hoping for some more is the worst kind of social injustice
when actually these should be sued for crating havoc in society with
partisan biased journalism.

Regards,

Rajen.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Taha Mehmood
<2tahamehmood at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Dear All
>
> For long people in the west have been worried about anonymity, in
> India it appears we will have to worry about visibility. In a country
> of one billion people where does Mr.Nandan Nilekani goes to make
> people visible by giving them unique numbers? His home. I wonder why
> was Arunanchal Pradesh or Rajasthan or Kashmir or Andaman and Nicobar
> not chosen for this purpose?
>
> The UIDAI still does not have a proper website of its own despite a
> former head of a 'giant' IT company running the show. Therefore we do
> not know the matrix of policies governing the scheme, the programme,
> the list of officers who are carrying out crucial tasks for
> identifying people, the estimated budget for the exercise, the rules,
> the regulations, the process, and the phasing of the process.
>
> Foregrounding all this invisibility is Mr. Nandan Nilekani who seems
> to be quietly making to the news. I wonder why is he calling all these
> sundry press-conferences, why is he making himself visible so much
> when the nation needs more material on the actual process.
>
> So much needs to be known...
>
> Warm regards
>
> Taha
>
> http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=broadcast&broadcastid=143041
>
> Karnataka becomes pilot state for ID project
>
> Special Correspondent

Rajen.