[Reader-list] PeaceWorks Theatre Workshop by Seagull, Kolkata

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 00:54:34 IST 2009

>From *Bishan Samaddar*
**
*The PeaceWorks Theatre Workshop with Anubha Fatehpuria: A Workshop for
Motivated Teens*
**
 Theatre is arguably the most vibrant form of community art. At Seagull, we
believe in engaging young people in theatre, so that it can become a mode of
self-expression and empowerment for them. Through its long-running programme
PeaceWorks, we have worked again and again with youth, using theatre as a
means of exploring, understanding, and talking about burning social
issues—be it communalism or human rights—and as a means of learning to ‘live
with difference’, and thereby positively addressing value systems in our
civil society. It is essential for young people to have a lived experience
of ‘difference’ in their daily lives, and that is why we believe in working
with young people from diverse backgrounds, bringing them together, making
them interact with each other, and producing something together,
experiencing first hand what it is to live amicably with difference.

Noted theatre actor and director Anubha Fatepuria will workshop with young
people in the age group 13 to 18 for 10 days to produce a play on the theme
of human rights and learning to live with difference.

The exact dates and timings for the workshop will be decided once we have
substantial enrollment, and it will be communicated to the participants.

So, contact us right away if you are interested in being part of this
motivating new project!

Call Bishan Samaddar at 9831490725 or 2455 6942 or email at
theproseandthepassion at gmail.com

Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/event.php?eid=196251082702