[Reader-list] Tourist heaven turns into valley of fear

Sandeep vashsand at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 20:04:05 IST 2009

Kasjmendra Kaul wrote--
What Pakistan and Pakistanis and their supporters in Kashmir did to Kashmir, is now being done in Swat, Pakistan by it's own Pakistanis.

and then there is link about SWAT.

and i totally agree with that but what about extending the logic to karnataka one can say jihadi hindus r learning fast from their jihadi brethen across the border.

Ram Sena now targets women's attire

Vicky Nanjappa in Bengaluru

Related Articles

• There is a need to safeguard Indian culture'

• Apply anti-terror laws against Mangalore attackers: Ananthamurthy

• 'Shri Ram Sena is a confused organisation'

Top Emailed Features

• 'Friendships go beyond body,mind,heart'• 2009 Padma Award Winners• What Barack Obama said in his speech

Have you tried this?• Ask a question• News on your Desktop

Advertisements• Get astro tips here• Click to shop here• Find ur Dream Home

http://www.rediff.com/news/2009/feb/04ram-sena-now-targets-womens-attire.htm

Get news updates:
What's this?

February 04, 2009 19:18 IST
The Shri Ram Sena is sticking to its guns that it will not permit Valentine's Day celebrations and also warning that they will keep a watch on the kind of clothes women wear.
After meeting with other activists of the Sena in Bengaluru [Images], its founder Pramod Muthalik [Images] said it was decided that the fight to safeguard the Indian culture would go on and there is no going back on this point. The Sena members unanimously decided to oppose Valentine's Day. Muthalik however added that their protests would be peaceful.
A memorandum would be submitted to the chief minister and the Governor regarding this and they would be urged to help curb the celebration of Valentine's Day, which the Sena maintained is against Indian culture and should be prevented at any cost.
Muthalik also said: "I have no problem with the manner in which a girl dresses up as long as it adheres to Indian culture. Skimpily clad women will not be tolerated and we would warn such girls. However at no point of time will we take the law into our hands."
Meanwhile the Bangalore police is gearing to face any eventuality on February 14. Police sources say that they are fully prepared and that the day will be peaceful and the citizens will be safe

http://www.rediff.com/news/2009/feb/04ram-sena-now-targets-womens-attire.htm