[Reader-list] Under Construction@ the Calcutta Book Fair

Gargi Sen sen.gargi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:16:41 IST 2009

Dear all,
As distributors of independent films we have long felt that this genre of
films is closer to literature and books rather than to commercial cinema.
With the help of Left Word Books we have taken the very first steps to make
our films available at Book Fairs to explore another avenue for popularising
and disseminating the very significant films that Under Construction
distributes. And now we are going to be at the celebrated Kolkata Boi Mela,
or the Calcutta Book Fair.
The Calcutta Book Fair,  an annual winter affair, is unique as its primarily
for the general public rather than whole-sale distributors. It is the
world's largest non-trade book fair, Asia's largest book fair and the
world's third largest annual fair  after the Frankfurt and the London Book
Fairs. But it is  the most attended book fair in the world.
Under Construction is going to the present at the LeftWord Book's stall at
the Calcutta Book Fair, from 28 January to 8 February 2009 that is located
in Hall no 1, stall no 23.
If you are in Calcutta in this period we look forward to meeting you there.
Please also circulate this information to your network of friends and cinema
lovers in Calcutta.
For films we distribute please visit www.magiclanternfoundation.org and look
under films for distribution.
Gargi Sen