[Reader-list] The Chaddi's Day Out

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 21:09:08 IST 2009

These are some hilarious comments received on the Livemint blog about the Pink Chaddi campaign:

>From  Sunny Narang
February 9, 2009 4:50 PM
Its the zaniest campaign to come out of facebook in India. Its got attitude with the pink heart on the shakha saluting knickerwala on its masthead and the great pink panty logo with the sun rays , just like the regal sun insignia of yore.Its got feminist and feminine twist with great humour and sense of delight .Sri Ram Sene office drowning in pink chaddis from all over India is something all law abiding Indains would love to see. A non violent act of Gandhian proportions.Guess its time for the Pink Chaddi movement,its about love and inners, how more culturally right can they be!!

>From santanu
February 9, 2009 8:10 PM
Ok...go ahead one step since you want to show us how "advanced" you are. Open a brothel and let us f*** you for free. And I solemnly promise that I'd forever campaign against that Ram sene. Won't that show the whole world how forward we are in India?

>From Som
February 9, 2009 8:37 PM
I'm not sure sending truckload of pink underwears to Muthalik's goons will do anything other than earning the group behind the move some cheap publicity. I'm equally sceptic if it would have the same calming effect on the Sri Rama Sene cadres which the Kalinga war had on Ashoka. The only language these goons understand is that of police baton and the only way out is to pressurise Yediyurappa into some sort of action. Apparently Yediyurappa believes Muthalik is in possession of a sleazy MMS and hence refuses to act. Sorry, the pink underwear idea stinks.

>From Dominic
February 9, 2009 10:18 PM
Santanu, You just showed what you guys think of all the day and how you would be feeling cause no good looking gal would ever come along with you even to hospital. With the kind of attitude you have even Mumbai's prostitue will not agree to have a tea with you for cash advance. Such a looser !

>From Priya
February 9, 2009 10:25 PM
santanu, take your abuses and anger elsewhere. cheers. hic.

>From Melvin Thomas
February 10, 2009 12:28 AM
Wow, I'm impressed, finally we are getting innovative. I really like the idea, even though it is stinky, and I guess that is the point, Ram Sena gets what they deserve, "some stink." This is a very creative way of non-violent protest, instead of beating them back. Finally, finally, finally we are protesting in sensible ways, which are also very peaceful and sarcastic. Whoever thought of this idea, I wholeheartedly appreciate them. I also understand this campaign is not going to "change" Ram Sena; this probably will not change anything for them, or in our country. But this will be an awesome statement. Actually that is all this is, isn't it? A statement! We are not trying to change Ram Sena, and similar propagandists like them in one day; but this is a statement. Well, Congrats, go ahead!

>From Ram Mohan
February 10, 2009 9:15 AM
Its time that the civilian society and the responsible citizens of this country start responding to these unconstitutional acts of organized goondas. Let us not get carried away by the these criminals. Don't forget the fact that we also should be intelligent enough to understand the hidden agendas of these highly intelligent people with destructive mentality, they come in all different forms in misguiding general public to align mass support for their ill acts and to legalize their criminal doings. Civil society should not let such criminals to gain advantage by free advertisements. No person who love India wants to see the society getting divided on caste, creed, religion, demography, gender etc, we want a united india where citizens follow the constitution and not every other person imposing their selfishe wishes on others. In this context, the pink campaign effort is very innovative and will certainly strike these cowards at the right place. Good
 initiative and all the very best from those indians who favours progress to society and abide constitution of India!

>From Abhisek
February 10, 2009 9:33 AM
Please donate some costly underwears so dat ram sena people can wear dose in der heads b4 sleeping

>From Priya
February 10, 2009 10:11 AM
And those of you who think you know the scriptures can please read this brilliant piece on alcohol and the sutras by mrinal pande from today's mint http://www.livemint.com/articles/2009/02/09221126/Even-the-sutras-allowed-some-a.html

>From V.B.N.Ram
February 10, 2009 10:14 AM
No matter how despicable, or unreasonable, those opposing our views be, we should, under all circumstances restrain ourselves from resorting to unethical means to settle scores. A sense of balance, is the need of the hour, not merely in India, but across the globe. While I condemn the bigotted thinking of the Ram Sena, I would appeal to all Indians, not to demean themselves, by behaving as bad as them -through acts such as dumping underwears at their door entrances. I would be happy to get a reaction from bloggers

>From V
February 10, 2009 10:31 AM
now dis......is wat i call political action. dis shud hv happened long ago....its gr8 2 see dat d generation is waking up n showing these assholes wat exactly a democracy is. dis is actually gandhigiri.....in a.....um.... pink..... sort of way. best of luck. and.....PINK CHADDIS! (maybe u shud think of a slogan....) P.S. how many hv u collected?

>From Emal
February 10, 2009 10:49 AM
Hi Guys...i don’t know if this is too late. but why cant we walk hand in hand some 100 / 200 people from all walks of life. What will 20 / 30 people will be able to do? Please try if we can take a silent walk with a board in our hands in Kannada and English against "Ill-treating Women’s" or trying to push us to 80 years behind. We should show them that we are not fools to fight for all women rights and one fine day these men’s just come and throw us out from our rights. But sure i will also send pink Chaddi ;-)

>From ashley
February 10, 2009 11:17 AM
visit http://www.pink.in and do your bit!

>From Pinky
February 10, 2009 11:19 AM
Long Live the Pink Pinky campaign. www.pinky.in

>From Kittu_ciscoman
February 10, 2009 11:22 AM
Step 3 is ok the idea is good.but whats the point giving underwears to them?its weird.these guys beat the innocent people for money.so u give them underwears,they are just going to sell it back to whosoever takes it.its just like some childish act coming out of petty attitude.

>From BitterTruth
February 10, 2009 12:21 PM
It is amusing to see the silly indignation and funny outcry after some scantily dressed alcoholic girls got what they deserved -- a few slaps. Had their parents taken notice and acted earlier, this day would not have come. Now, let us talk about the whole legality and morality issue that all the leftists/secular wierdos have been harping about. How come no action is taken when a Karunanidhi makes outrageous insults against Hindu scriptures and deities? How come all the Govt machinery is diverted chasing a bunch of Hindutva dudes instead of killing jehaadi terrorists? How come nobody asks why groups like Sri Ram Sena act this way? Fact is, Hindus are scared. They get ridiculed, coerced to convert, maimed, and killed in their own land. Their culture and way of life is in jeopardy. This has been happening for centuries. When they scream for justice, they are asked to shut up in the name of secularism. Not surprisingly, Hindu patience is running out.

>From anamika
February 10, 2009 12:35 PM
thepinkchaddicampaign.blogspot.com................the ugliest idea from the prone people, better do some good work for the society or else shut your mouth. anybody can create a blog with some non-sense idea, and thousands of people will link the blog just like prone sites blogs, and dont think this is a great idea.........

>From Real Truth
February 10, 2009 12:35 PM
Bitter Truth, You're a moron.

>From anu
February 10, 2009 1:00 PM
No doubt pink chaddi campaign is innovative..will it help? i doubt.

>From Karishma
February 10, 2009 1:14 PM
BitterTruth, go fly a kite. I think somebody should donate BitterTruth the smelliest chaddi!!!

>From Karishma
February 10, 2009 1:18 PM
BitterTruth i am not finished yet! I think you deserve a few slaps yourself for making such a p***k of yourself!!!

>From Priya
February 10, 2009 1:32 PM
Relax guys! Even if nothing happens beyond the delivering of pink underwear, it's an idea and young people somewhere are doing something. Every idea counts in this bleak creativity-free zone we live in.

>From T.R.Ramaswami
February 10, 2009 1:39 PM
The pink chaddi campaigners have got it all wrong. Chaddi is a wesern concept. They should have started a pink langot campaign. Just buy some pink dupattas, cut them into appropriate lengths and send them.

>From Adivasi
February 10, 2009 1:47 PM
Bitter truth, would you be happy if your moms and sisters were beaten up in the same way these Sene goons did? You are really a jerk. You can’t to dictate what should people do and what not to do.

>From ramkishan
February 10, 2009 1:56 PM
beautiful Idea ...we are with u

>From Sunuradha
February 10, 2009 2:10 PM
Whoever has come up with the despicable idea of pink chaddis is out of his mind. Either he does not have the guts to think right or would like to hide after prompting an insane idea. Would the Pink chaddi mastermind dared to send chaddis to Raj Thakeray for what happened to poor people in Mumbai. Would he dare to send 'em to the D Gang who are behind all acts of terror in metros. Please wake up and act like an educated and sane person. It is easy to send Pink Chaddis to some one who will not retaliate and has been constantly apologizing for the heinous act done on women ( Mind you, who were not completely innocent ). Please come up with an innovative idea of exposing netas OR non tax paying film stars OR Terrorists etc. Grow up and act like citizens of an educated IT state, not like a bunch of morons who can speak good english but will behave like 'angutha chaaps'

>From truth is truth
February 10, 2009 2:28 PM
bitter truth, dude who the hell do u thionk you are to slap girls you dont even know....hello wake up.... its none of ur business.... r u so jobless in life that you tell strangers what to do. Go find some worthwhile passtime....

>From diya
February 10, 2009 2:31 PM
bloody losers u guys dont deserve to live..i am goin out n celebrating v-day in d pub n i dont care wat u guyd do...bcoz d youth of india r independent n much more educated than u guys..u guys r just horny f*****s..n u will never kno wats d importance of v-day

>From Bitter Truth
February 10, 2009 2:54 PM
Its yet another instance of failure of democracy. In the name of freedom, these spoiled brats are bringing our social culture to disrepute. These brats uphold anything thats western, whereas its a proved fact that such habits are becoming dangerous in western societies. You could see a lot of crimes happening in London, New York etc. at the bar premises during night. These hooliganism is the result of inefficiency of Police and Courts to act swiftly against bar owners and illicit trends

>From Karishma
February 10, 2009 2:55 PM
"Please come up with an innovative idea of exposing netas OR non tax paying film stars OR Terrorists etc. Grow up and act like citizens of an educated IT state, not like a bunch of morons who can speak good english but will behave like 'angutha chaaps'" Not a bad idea Sunurater! Why don't you take the lead and we will all join you!! Meanwhile do you have a pink chaddi on you??

>From Karishma
February 10, 2009 3:14 PM
BitterTruth what social culture are you talking about??? Yes, Indian women get burnt if they don't bring in dowries! Indian women are subjected to groping and molestation in buses and trains! Indian women are subjected to domestic abuse within marriages! Indian women get raped and sexually abused! Indian women get assaulted if they don't give in to their agressors! It is a shame that this is happening in a so called englightened country! It is time that we said enough is enough. If the rabid groups want to uphold Indian culture let them start with extending some shred of respect to women and not treat them like baby producing factories or objects of desire or scum to be kicked around! Please grow up BitterTruth! Meanwhile do you have a pink chaddi on you??

>From Anti SriRamSena
February 10, 2009 3:29 PM
These days all these Bitches are easily avaialble in pubs and discos for small amount of money and drugs. These Sri Ram Sena thugs are depreiving the enjoyment of modern, cultured men. these b1tch's parents are also un-happy because these girls are making their own pocket money without bothering their modern parents. we should kick Ram sena out of India. Whether a Bitch want to get boned after or before a smoke, drugs and liquor, it's up to her. Her mom and dad feel more classy when she comes back to home after 1:00 am. Who're these Ram Sena people? Cant a B i t c h be a B i t c h in this country? This is insane. It's the right of a B i t c h as to whom she selects to make happy after getting high. May be, tomorrow, it could be your Mr. Happy. Hail the B i t c h e s and their westernized slaves folks. Join the party. As long as these B i t c h e s don't get pregnant and get tested for STDs, I support them and their right to get high and pick a lucky
 fella to get boned after this. BTW, their families feel more classy and modern after she comes back at 1:00 am. She's happy, her family is happy and someone's Mr. Happy is VERY VERY happy every night. I don't see any downside here to others. Support B i t c h e s and have fun.

>From livemint Moderator
February 10, 2009 4:24 PM
We are closing comments on this post. A reminder to say, that posts on these blogs and the comments that follow are useful to us all when it drives constructive debate. We value your opinion, but let's keep the name calling out. Thanks.

http://blogs.livemint.com/blogs/first_cut/archive/2009/02/09/pink-underwear-for-the-sri-ram-sena.aspx