[Reader-list] From the newspaper.

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 11 20:00:20 IST 2009

Dear Jeebesh

Thank you for sharing your 'now and then' analysis regarding the rather
intricate equation of work, remuneration, circulation of money and role of
state.

 I find your analysis odd.

Don't you feel that if we look labor as a macro concept, then for the
overwhelming majority of workers the world over, what you term as 'now' was
a part of their working lives for ever. Don't you feel that the bulk of
producers of this world have worked, are working and will work in the
informal sector, where precarity is the name of the game, rather than an
unexpected condition, as you suggest it out to be, from a survey of
newspaper reports of course? Do you see any 'change' for the worse in
variables list above if we look at the current crisis from the view of a
dehari mazdoor? I also do not know how axiomatic, these so called 'axioms'
are?

 This is also a time where a lot of neo-commie bull is being peddled on
various online newspapers. It appears that a mad rush for grabbing the
dominant idea has begun again.

For instance take the sudden increase in 'interest' in  'marxist' ideas. I
do not know whether you have come across this 'quote' by Marx-

'Owners of capital will stimulate the working class to buy more and more of
expensive goods, houses and technology, pushing them to take more and more
expensive credits, until their debt becomes unbearable. The unpaid debt will
lead to bankruptcy of banks, which will have to be nationalised, and the
State will have to take the road which will eventually lead to communism'.
*Karl Marx, Das Kapital, 1867*

This is utter crap of course, but still I agree that newspapers have become
fun these days, not to suggest they weren't earlier.

Regards

Taha