[Reader-list] Cultural Groups Want 14th February To Be Removed From Indian Calendars!!!

mihir pandya miyaa_mihir at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 02:07:30 IST 2009

One more hilarious piece from a very interesting blog.check out on this blog...
http://thedailytamasha.wordpress.com/2009/02/09/cultural-groups-want-14th-february-to-be-removed-from-indian-calendars/..........

Mumbai. 10 February 2009.

Cultural groups or Senas from all over country convened in
the city yesterday to demand the “absolute removal” of 14th February as
a “date, day, or number” from Indian calendars.   The much-anticipated
demand was put forward by the latest poster-boy of hindu-male
emancipation, ProMod Much-a-Lick,  and was seconded by MNS Chief Raj
Thakarey who added - “We can replace 14th February with a new date
called Phod-Det (meaning blast-it), where we will have competitions
like ‘Torch a state transport bus in 20-seconds’ or ‘Slap a girl, be a
man!’. And of course, the names will be in Marathi.”

Though he failed to explain how these proposed activities on ‘Phod
Det’ are any different from what they have been doing on the
Valentine’s Day for the last few years, his cousin Udhhav justified
that “if British can have hotels with no 13th floor, Hitler could live
healthy with just one testicle,  why can’t we have a February with no
14th day. And in any case, February already has 32 days. Or is it 33?”

In a related incident, another Congress senior expressed his love for Rahul Gandhi and nobody noticed.