[Reader-list] We must appeal to Al-Qaeda: Stop hurting and threatening India

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:16:05 IST 2009

Dear aman,

I wish you good luck.

Please excuse me from joining your movement. Over the last few days, I think
I have explained why I am opposed to what was written on the header. I would
stick to the stand.

anyway I dont have to pay a heavy price as my name suggests that I am a
hindu. anything goes ok for a hindu in this country. they beat up women when
they want, they can shoot leaders at their own cost and still protest that
all hindus are not the same type.
i don know how would I feel writing this same mail as a muslim. i frankly do
not know. all i do is sit and talk to abdul, who is least bothered about
what his community is telling him -- just like me.

in fact when i told him about this e mail exchange, he laughed and said. "i
am opposed to al-qaeda but why should wear it on my sleeve? will they spare
my fellow countrymen because im saying so? in case, they do I am ready to
walk with a placard along with aman, shanti."

with warm regards
-anupam

P.S.: I was surprised when the mails stopped coming from Sarai after i what
i wrote to you. i think it was a mere coincidence. i never complained about
the flood of the mails in my inbox, neither the discussions here. however,
initiatives and proposals need to be carefully worded.