[Reader-list] India Climate Change Tour

Paul D. Miller anansi1 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 15:30:14 IST 2009

I just thought I'd pass this on to the list. It's based in India and quite interesting.
Paul

India Climate Solutions
http://www.indiaclimatesolutions.com/

“Why did this tour happen?” asked Ringwald. “Why this mad, insane plan to travel across India in a caravan of solar electric cars and jatropha trucks with solar music, art, dance and a potent message for climate solutions? Well ... the world needs crazy ideas to change things, because the conventional way of thinking is not working anymore.”

They Just got back from a tour of India using solar powered vehicles and a climate chnage awareness dance troupe!

An excerpt:
If there is one thing that I know we all learned during the Climate Solutions Road Tour, it is that when you have a positive vision for the future, then it is up to you to make it happen. We are all artists, and the reality we create is our greatest artwork. We have a choice every day on what we do and how the world should be. This team of passionate people on the road tour and all those involved along the way saw an exciting new vision. We all knew it was mad, but that spurred us to do even more. Because we realized that it is the crazy ideas that change the world.

I went on this tour in the search for inspiration, not just for myself but for the world at large. We need good stories these days--stories of hope and climate heroes and green successes. This one-month journey was inundated with hope, with joy, with a positive belief that we can make a difference; that we have the solutions to climate change already; and that the greatest solution is our human capacity to take action!

The Road Tour was just a beginning. It was the launch of the Climate Solutions Project and the beginning of an insistence that we focus on solutions and action. There is no reason to continue the way we are. The solutions are all right in front of us today.

Read more...