[Reader-list] Muslims must appeal to Al-Qaeda: Stop hurting and threatening India

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:01:53 IST 2009

dear kshmendra kaul,

grace and decency do not count in the post-colonial discourses. they are
rather Victorian. i wasn't born then. im sorry, i cannot entertain your
request.

but let me point this out to you:

 "I personally find nothing objectionable in the 'line' that was actually
posted by Aman-Shanti: """ Indian Muslims (and everyone else) must appeal to
Al-Qaeda and its allies to stop their activities of terror and violence in
the world."

doesnt it also mean that given a chance, you would be with the aman's line
of argument? (again, dear aman, i did not drag you in this topic. kshmendra
wants a reprisal)  please note that my problem is with the way the readers
are introduced to the topic of tackling terror with peaceful means by saying
Indian Muslims and specifically pointing out one set of people while the
other community which may or may not be responsible are clubbed together as
"everyone".

i appreciate the fact you are more prompt in replying to these posts than
me, which shows your commitment to your reasoning. i so want to emulate it
and perfect the art of quickly replying to a post.

again with warmest regards,
anupam chakravartty