[Reader-list] Pan African Space Station uploads

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Mon Jan 5 11:12:15 IST 2009

Dear all,

Some months ago I posted some information about events and webcasts from
the Pan African Space Station (PASS) out of Cape Town; in particular I
mentioned a concert by the Zulu guitarist, vocalist and songwriter
Madala Kunene.

I just found out that the entire concert  (solo performance by Kunene in
complete darkness) is now available for listening and download!  See:
http://www.panafricanspacestation.org.za/passcast.php?archive_id=28 .
Certainly it confirms my sense of Kunene as one of the greatest
performers and musicians I have ever seen (heard).  Worth listening to
with all the lights off.

This is part of an ongoing series of uploads at PASS; this is really
turning out to be an amazing (and free) music archive.  We're also
awaiting the upload of the sets by "our own" DJ Spooky (if I may put it
that way)-- by all accounts it was very inspiring.

Vivek