[Reader-list] Understanding history for communal harmony

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 18:26:50 IST 2009

Thank you Yousaf,

I have been to kamakhya temple and since I had heard the history of the
temple from few locals and the priests [ Almost all are from UP settled
since centuries ] , i was shocked to read an article where it was referred
that Kamakhya temple was given as a Jagir.

No doubt there are some writers like Ms Chakraborty , which are found almost
everywhere in India , who try to alter the history by repeated distortion of
facts.

I am surprised that Aurangzeb gave land to temples , as his hate for idol
worship needs no introduction . The websites you have referred may not be
taken as a right source.

Thank you once again.

Regards

Pawan Durani