[Reader-list] Is the singular Rhetoric of Terror flawed?

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 01:52:39 IST 2009

Dear Taha and all.
Taha asked "should we stretch the definitions of those words only which are limited or we should we have only limited definition of words or should we stretch those words only which have limited definition?"

I am afraid I don't have an answer to it. I wish there was nobody with an absolutely correct answer to that. The answer to this question, I believe, is contingent upon time, place, person and their perspectives. One sense of the word "stretching" is masturbation. It is good as a stimulant, but not necessarily a useful one. Some people think it productive, others unproductive, others consider it counter productive. Sadly, I have no opinion on this issue, to stretch or not to stretch; or if stretch, how much.
Best