[Reader-list] Is painting a currency note which can not be forged unless you act illegally?

indersalim indersalim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 01:17:57 IST 2009

Dear Taha,
I guess we agree on most of what we are saying. But  as I suggested
earlier, the subject is vast and can be sorted out so quickly. But
thanks for many valid points and info.

I agree, that people can not be identified by numbers alone, there is
something more that a name, a colour, or religious identity which
makes an individual. That individual who has journeyed from ancient
times to the present day is still carrying forward some strange past
with her/him all the time, which we can't simply see through these
short cut solutions to identity problems. National identity is one
such identity which time and again falls short of ' a complete desired
identity' . We agree on most of other point which we discussed through
this exchange on fake/original thought.

I have already suggested that we can always separate fake from
original. But we need to intensity this exercise only if gives some
dividends to the our basic understanding of being a human being. If
that binary is imposed on us, we have every right to turn our tracks
and see what is good for us and what is not. That is why I said the
difference is a temporary one, which does not apply to all the
differences we have historically, but  we must be free to change a
fake to an original and vice versa. That is art even, life even.

Raza originals can be separated from Raza fakes, but that is not my
final destination. Similarly, we need a currency note which is not
forged, but we can question the State which behaves like a 'thug'
sometimes, if not the currency which it prints. So we can always
question those structure which define 'the state' even. We need not
mark an citizen as 'fake' who questions anything that qualifies as
'original' in the eyes of the sate.  So National Identity cards have a
limited function, as tokens to be possessed for day to day function
like a currency note, which again can be forged, by those who see
faults in the systems of Laws in their own unique way. There are ways
to dissent, albeit responsibility accompanies dissent, which is often
brushed aside. We need to learn, how difficult and profound it is, if
one takes a stand in favour of known fakes against known originals.

But some times is funny. I heard, there are some areas in Pune, where
Rs.7 currency notes are valued in the market. It is  half of Rs.5
currency note  glued to half of Rs.2 currency note which  becomes Rs.7
currency note. We have 1,70,000 crores of  fake currency in India, and
what I should do. The same ink and same paper is used to manufacture
them.  What I am supposed to do? The difference is vanishing very
fast.  With currency notes it is still different, but with paintings
the photography has entirely taken over, if one speaks conceptually.

Even a photograph as ones  true representative in a identity card is
questioned. So, I satirically suggested why not to have digital
designs of ones corneas implanted on identity cards, which again is
vulnerable to hackers and computer virus.

Warmly
IS

--

http://indersalim.livejournal.com