[Reader-list] CIS Workshop on Web Accessibility

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Thu Jan 29 22:20:09 IST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:04:23 +0530
Pranesh Prakash <pranesh at cis-india.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
> Greetings from CIS.  We are organising a "Workshop for Web Developers
> on Web Accessibility" in New Delhi from February 16th-18th, 2009. The
> workshop will have seven trainers from Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore who
> are experienced in web accessibility issues and WCAG 2.0. The workshop
> aims to bring together participants from government departments, NIC
> and web developers from organisations from the private sector
[...]

Could you provide us with more details here? Who are these
trainer, what are their qualifications, etc.

I hate to seem negative about people making at least a real
effort at bringing about change, but in my opinion, talk about
accessibility is a joke when many sites in India whether in
the government, or in the private sector, cannot even handle
basic standards, and Indian languages correctly. A poor start
at identifying such offenders is at
http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/HallOfShame

Regards,
Gora