[Reader-list] Delhi student leader attempts suicide after principal’s threats

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 01:04:57 IST 2009

Delhi student leader attempts suicide after principal's threats
 January 30th, 2009

New Delhi, Jan 30 (IANS) A student leader of the prestigious Ramjas College
in Delhi Friday attempted suicide, alleging the college principal had
threatened to spoil his career. Abishek Pandey, vice-president of students'
union, allegedly cut his right wrist open around 2 a.m. His roommate, who
saw him bleeding, took him to a nearby private hospital.

Pandey, 19, was discharged after primary treatment.

"I was depressed by the principal, Rajender Prasad's remarks. He threatened
me in front of everyone he would spoil my life and career," Pandey, a
final-year student at the college, told IANS.

"It all started because I charged him with playing the card of regional
politics among students," he said.

The college principal was not available for comments.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (north Delhi) Sagar Preet Hooda said no case
has been registered against anyone and the matter was not being probed.