[Reader-list] GOI Inviting Comments on Forming Teen Clubs to Empower Adolescents

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:44:33 IST 2009

http://psychologynews.posterous.com/goi-inviting-comments-on-forming-teen-clubs-t

Excerpts from the mail:

The Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) http://www.nyks.org/ an autonomous
body of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India was
set up in 1972 under the erstwhile Ministry of Education.

I am presently working as a Zonal Adolescent Resource Team Member with NYKS
and also as Chief Consultant for Adolescent Counselling at the National
Youth Festivals. In our continuous efforts for the holistic development of
Generation-Next and with our experiences, NYKS developed a draft Guidelines
for development and empowerment of adolescents through Teen Clubs.

Specifically, we would like to know:

a.. What must be added to the guidelines, based on your past experience of
facilitating Teen and Youth Clubs?

b.. What must the parents, relatives, youth, teachers, teens, and others
follow before, during, and after formation of Teen Clubs?

c.. How do you think the recommended changes will benefit the Adolescent
groups and help them learn and internalise life skills?