[Reader-list] Who gives muftis the right to give fatwas?

M Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 23:09:20 IST 2009

Dear Rahul
No law or system of governance is ideal for all. Indian constitution
does not keep everyone happy. For all practical purposes, democracy
does not guarantee justice (and even equality) to all, although it
maybe the most ideal system today. The panchayati system in rural
India still gives most power to the high-caste goons.
Afghan mujahids (or criminal gangs) would have used some other law to
suppress women and kill innocent people if shariat was not there. Its
how you use the law in your favour, even if it looks the most
innocuous or balanced.