[Reader-list] Query about Documentary Films on Conflict from South Asia

Daisy Hasan daisyhasan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 20:02:13 IST 2009

Dear All,
I am collating a list of contemporary documentaries on the theme of conflict (broadly defined to include domestic, personal, social, religious, political and cultural conflict). I am interested in films from South Asia. While I have a good sense of the Indian scene any suggestions for films from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal will be really appreciated. Suggestions for Indian films are also very welcome.
These films will hopefully be shown in a film festival in the UK to compliment an exhibition of artwork by South Asian women artists.
Any suggestions on where else I can post this query will also be very welcome.
Many thanks in advance,
Daisy Hasan
Postdoctoral RA
School of English,