[Reader-list] Sickular railway budget

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:16:23 IST 2009

Dear Pawan jee

I read the point you stated, and certainly it's a good move of
pseudo-secularism. However, I would be very happy to first read the argument
as to why such a concession has been introduced only for minority students,
from the Railways minister herself, before making any conclusions or
pre-judgements.

Equally, I feel with your arguments, you are asking for secularism to be
actually followed, and I am afraid I don't support that argument, because we
have never been secular according to the Western concept for so many years
in our civilization, and yet we have lived peacefully.

For the move, first we should ask the reasons, and if the reasons are wrong,
do criticize the decision making.

Regards

Rakesh