[Reader-list] Manmohan and the Maoists

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 18:01:29 IST 2009

Manmohan and the Maoists
http://thefishpond.in/satya/2009/manmohan-and-the-maoists/
by Satya Sagar
<quote>
He has come to power through a ‘Long March’, advocates steady encircling of
the ‘enemy’ population, scoffs at the Indian Constitution and while paying
lip service to democracy believes power ultimately flows through the barrel
of a gun.

You are quite right in thinking I am referring to some Maoist leader
somewhere. Of course I am talking of Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of
India and if you don’t believe me just look at his record to understand what
I mean.

This ‘mild mannered’ professor first did the arduous Long March from
academics to civil service to politics – with many sacrifices on the way-
mostly of his own principles. Next as finance minister in the early nineties
he promoted policies that have resulted in the encircling of the Indian
countryside by urban ‘liberated zones’ culminating in the introduction of
the notorious Chinese concept of Special Economic Zones.
</quote>

Read Full article at
http://thefishpond.in/satya/2009/manmohan-and-the-maoists/

--
"The resources of the world are for us all to share. Let us affirm our faith
in that common cause" - Dr. Ilina Sen