[Reader-list] Modi govt orders study of Gujarat population

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 16:35:48 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,

this seems unclear: If BJP has a hand in polarisation, why would it ask for
a survey in the state? suppose the surveyors conclude that Gujarat has a
polarised society, then BJP should benefit, if i were to go by what you
written: "Actually, the BJP survives because of this polarization. If it
wasn't there in the first place, the Hindus and Muslims would have trusted
each other more, and the Hindutva plank would never have worked."

thanks anupam