[Reader-list] Need help with an ethnographic docu

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:56:58 IST 2009

Please mail me if you have anything to share with Suresh. Thanks. - Chandni

From: Suresh Jois
Date: 2009/7/8

Hi Chandni,
You're one of the more accessible psych professionals I know, so Im asking
for your help on the following.

Im working on an ethnographic docu on small, self-contained communities who
live in areas that are always under threat of natural disasters, disease
epidemics, or other types of endemic stress (like high-profile careers).

I initially planned to just look at the role that music (work songs, folk
songs) played in such communities, but now I feel all cultural artifacts can
yield insights into the collective psychology of such at-risk communities.

As part of this I need some references to good books and/or approachable
experts on Psychographic Analysis, and Content Analysis.

Id really appreciate any help on the above.

Warm Regards
Suresh