[Reader-list] Wanted - One more Liberhan

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:49:46 IST 2009

Dear Aditya

If a Liberhan would have solved the problem, it would have been a big help.
It can't. It has taken 17 years and so many sittings for the truth to be
out. Plus making committees and then not taking action on those reports is a
part and parcel of any governance. Which is why if I am not wrong, I heard a
couple of years back that when a local court stated a former MP (somewhere
in the East of India, maybe Jharkhand), to be unaccused in a rape case, that
too after 22 years, a few days later, he was killed (allegedly) by the
brother of the girl in whose rape the MP concerned was accused.

So, therefore commissions are not going to help. What does help is
unfortunately what the Gurjar agitation showed in Rajasthan. Go, agitate,
create mayhem and violence, and warn others of losing elections, and you get
what you want.

More than Liberhan, we want a sense of moral consciousness and only an
enquiry based on this will ensure justice for the people.

Regards

Rakesh