[Reader-list] Fw: Fwd: Fundraising appeal for Voices Against 377's Supreme Court case work

kabi cubby sherman cubbykabi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 18:56:35 IST 2009

Meter Down - काली पीली की कहानी
blog: http://meterdown.wordpress.com
podcast: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/meterdown

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: kabi cubby <cubbykabi at gmail.com>
To: cubby sherman singh <cubbykabi at yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, 13 July, 2009 6:54:21 PM
Subject: Fwd: Fundraising appeal for Voices Against 377's Supreme Court case  work

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lesley E <lesley.esteves at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 6:41 PM
To: voices <voicesagainst377 at yahoogroups.com>, lgbtdiscuss at googlegroups.com, delhi-queer-pride at googlegroups.com

*Please forward to all community e-groups and list-serves*

Dear all,

With the Supreme Court admitting the SLP of Suresh Kumar Koushal
asking for stay pending review of the Delhi High Court judgment, the
case brought against Section 377 by Naz Foundation India Trust vs
Union of India is once again sub judice.

Voices Against 377, impleaded in this matter in the High Court, is a
coalition of women's rights, child rights, sexuality rights, legal
rights groups, and individuals. Being a space of activism, it is a
non-funded coalition. Hence Voices relied entirely on community
contributions to cover the costs of litigation in the Delhi High
Court.

We appeal once again to the queer community and queer supportive
friends to support our costs in the Supreme Court, with personal
donations. We are already incurring costs related to case work,
including fees to lawyer who filed our caveat in the Supreme Court,
legal research work, photo copying, etc. Towards these we have raised
Rs 10,000. We immediately need to raise another 40,000.

Thanks and solidarity,
-Lesley

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/