[Reader-list] On Kashmir and Self Determination

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jul 19 07:15:50 IST 2009

Dear all,
This problem shall continue if the posession of land for all those who lost it due to the queer laws of inheritance in Kashmir, and those who were chased out of it...................................................................................................... Kashmiri Pandits and people assaulted either by Indian or by militant Armed forces. Amidst the heated and quite interesting discussions, one question I'd like to ask....................................
Religion, Nation etc. should occupy a limited extent of our lives so that they crown those aspects where they are needed. Because I am an Indian, I shouldnt rape poorer Gori Chamris just for the pleasure of it, a case of dire racism. Introducing Baluchstan, made Pak ................
Why should not kasmiris decide and Not India or Pak or Bg Bro? Ok, but lets see why this sore gets so sensitive and hurts at slightest touch, my newspaper readings suggests it is the Indian armed forces and the armed act, army appearing in every domain of social life and so the anti-army forces, that makes these people crave for a different kind of independance, from the state which doent want to repeal the special armed forces act, riddled in a political struggle, banded into the freedom wagon. Why isnt the peace option not recognised? My reading of this however would not be much different from Lallu time railways or Maharasthra's Son of Soil pol by Raj Thackrey.............
Only if life was more normalised, we could retain kashmir....................................................................