[Reader-list] Save 247 Kashmiri Migrant families

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 08:25:32 IST 2009

Hello : Got this mail , a yet another case of how Kashmiri Migrants
are being discriminated. I wonder if anyone from Sarai can help or
guide to resolve this issue.

Subject: - Regularization of services of Kashmiri Migrant Teachers
working in Directorate of Education and MCD Govt. of NCT of Delhi.

In 1994, we, the Kashmiri Migrant Teachers were recruited on
contractual basis in the above mentioned departments against clear
vacant posts under the then recruitment rules.  At that time, we had
responded against advertisement in daily Indian Express dated 31st
May, 1994 for the posts of TGT’s, PGT’s. and other posts.

After 1994, the orders for continuation of services were issued on
yearly basis i.e. from April 1st to March 31st. This issuance of
yearly basis orders continued till 2005 and in the year 2006 the
orders for continuation of services were issued for a period of three
years i.e up to 31st March, 2009.

All the Kashmiri Migrant Teachers working in above mentioned
departments are governed by the same set of rules and regulations as
applicable to other regular teachers.

All the Kashmiri Migrant Teachers are performing all sorts of duties,
inside and outside school as and when assigned by the HOD’s, DDE’s and
other Department Heads, be it Seminars, Election duties, Surveys etc.

We are working at par with regular teachers in all respects but so far
as the salaries are concerned we merely get 1/3rd of the salary of the
regular teachers with no other service benefits like Earned leave,
maternity leave,  pay for summer vacation etc. It is very strange that
an employee, who serves the department for 10 months as a full time
worker is denied salary for summer vacation.

Presently we are getting a salary of Rs. 11,140/- and Rs. 13,160/-
consolidate for TGT’s and PGT’s respectively as compared to regular
teachers who get Rs. 33,000/- and 38,523/-.

Besides this measure difference in salary we are getting only 8 days
Casual / Sick Leave for a whole year.  No other leave or other
benefits are provided to us.

Now after implementation of Sixth Pay Commission, the salary of a
Kashmiri Migrant Teacher is less than a class four employee of the
same department.

Thanking you,

Representative