[Reader-list] MoD uses counter-terrorism powers to spy on wounded soldiers

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:29:16 IST 2009

Dear Rajen,

The apprehension in question relates to families of soldiers who are
subject to surveillance after being injured and maimed in oversees
duty. These soldiers belong to the United Kingdom. Therefore if there
is any 'apprehension' regarding the authorities verifying a claim or
the genuineness of a wounded soldier. Then it is theirs, not mine.

My interest in posting this story was bring to you kind notice, a
view, which I read and thought that, maybe you would like to read too.

This view helped me think about benign ideas of democracy, governance,
policing, surveillance and of course the benevolence of the State.

I'm sure that there will be hundreds of people who might like to agree
with your considered opinion but my sole intention was not to argue
and show disrespect to the very people who give their lives to the
idea of a state and to a piece of cloth which is called a flag but the
intention, as you might have noticed,  was to provide some fodder of
reflection :)

I have carefully read what you have to say and I would like to state
that your views are not entirely off the mark. Thank you for posting
them.

 With sincere requests that you keep on illuminating this list with
your thoughts.

Warm regards

Taha