[Reader-list] Fw: [faowindia] film program on 31st July

kabi cubby sherman cubbykabi at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 20:58:31 IST 2009

Queer Nazaria
Friday 31st July 2009 @ 6.30 pm
Alliance Française de Bombay - 40 Theosophy Hall - Marine Lines, Mumbai,Maharashtra 400020

This film program is a teaser to relish before the Queer Azaadi Mumbai March on 16thAugust, which kicks off at August Kranti Maidan in which we will celebrate diversity and proudly state 'hum sab ek hai'.
The Queer Azaadi March (QAM) is the collective result of several of Mumbai's very own LGBTI individuals and organizations. This is our home, and QAM is our march together for the freedom of expression of our sexual identities and pride in being ourselves. QAM '09 looks forward marching together with our family, friend, supporters and the people of our much loved city toward a better future for Mumbai's queers, for acceptance, tolerance and understanding of our lives and personalities.
For more information on on the QAM March visit the blog athttp://queerazaadi. wordpress. com

We would like to thank all the artists, producers and distributors for giving us their oeuvres free of cost. We are also thankful to the Alliance Française de Bombay for giving us their auditorium and screening facilities. Without this generosity we wouldn't have been able to bring you these films.

The film program takes us to different parts of the world and attempts to look at the queer individual and the LGTBI community in society and society's gaze back. Glancing at this reflected image, the question that manifests asks - is it enough that a society only protects us with a set of rights or do we also need the freedom to act as who we are within that society. Legal recognition and human rights are very important but social acceptance is equally, if not more, crucial.

These films will extend this essential idea of acceptance to include our sexuality, our gender presentation, our choice of sex work as livelihood, and how we love.

After each film there will be an informal discussion to share points of view amongst the audience.

________________________________
 Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local
__._,_.___
Messages in this topic  (1)  Reply  (via web post)  | Start a new topic
MARKETPLACE
Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for the world and for each other

Visit Your Group  | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use  | Unsubscribe
Recent ActivityVisit Your Group
Yahoo! News
Fashion News
What's the word on