[Reader-list] On Delhi

Rana Dasgupta rana at ranadasgupta.com
Thu Jul 30 18:10:08 IST 2009

Dear Taha

Don't write off MC so fast.  As you will have noticed from the article
his fortunes have ceased to be tied to north Indian real estate.  The
money made in the real estate boom era is being reinvested far away.
These people are not idiots and they have access to market intelligence
that most people cannot dream of.

I direct you, moreover, to your own posting - "Netas and babus can
outsmart smart cards" - in which Swaminathan Aiyar expressed doubt that
NN would be able to implement his plan because it meant dislodging a
vast, determined system of schemes and interests.  It is not certain
that Nilekani will become the reigning supremo.

--
"I'm an ex-citizen of nowhere. And sometimes I get mighty homesick."

Rana Dasgupta
www.ranadasgupta.com