[Reader-list] India accused of complicity in deaths of Sri Lankan Tamils

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 00:14:49 IST 2009

Thanks dear  Sengupta for pointing out wrong sound used to Dr. Binakay
Sen, ( singh )
this also surprises me that how our immediate  sounds and meanings,
can dominate ‘the subject’ , and can alter our perceptions even ,
unwittingly.
'Singh' just happens to be a  popular sound where i live presently....

'Kashmir', crept in on its own, while talking Tamils problem in Sri
Lanka, .........
perhaps,
i felt  it might stimulate another round of healthy debate around the
issues, which are home to some most painful wounds ; wounds gifted by
the immediate present than past, but
i am afraid that we still dont have a clue.

defeating ‘a terrorist’ or his will,  simply can not solve the
problem, as something other kind of violence replace is, with some
other form, some other nuance of it, full of vengeance, completely
removed from any ethical or moral considerations of normal living.

See, if the main-stream life style was the ideal form of living why
then most of the forms of violence are controlled by the very
political system of which are part, and even celebrate that…

the state violence against its subjects which we happen to see not as
terrorism ,  not only breeds terrorism , but other forms of
encroachments of the subject, often annihilating her/his base.

Perhaps, we need to study the modern, developed/developing modes of
living more with suspicion than with a blind acceptability. A
seemingly peaceful system that compels a society to a particular
destination is not necessarily friendly.

Not let us see it from other angle:
Americans defeated its armed original inhabitants and we got Americanism.
Australia  defeated its unarmed aboriginals, but it now all white,
racist society,

Bias against a community is deeper than we may believe, I once
happened to interact with some French in Alsace, where there is the
only French concentrations camp, and  there are just few few jews
around, but the hate against them is so loud, which surprised me,
there is no question of unemployment or exploitation and any community
but the difference easily translates into politics of hate , which
obviously brought the right wing majority in Alsace during last French
elections. It was that time

Coming back to issue of Tamils in Sri Lanka: the equal distribution of
resources and share in power is just utopian, and so the conflict is
inevitable, defeating them at the moment has not eradicated the
problem at the core…

Regarding Kashmir issue, I wish there was some new politics, some new
wave of humanism, some new urge to restore forests and love for music
and poetry. Alas, the politics of defiance was bereft of such vital
nuances, and given the complicity of Indian greed to maintain the
territory only gave white washed that possibility.

nothing will erase the essential of what is at  people’s heart .
Unfortunately the freedom struggle  was contrived and only resulted in
the violence , and an excuse for Indian Security Forces to kill and
rape kashmiris. Sad.

Thinking  of Constitution of Kashmir as  thorn in the eye of Indian
Nationalism is just one obsolete form of expression, on the contrary
accepting it and letting them live on their own terms might heal, but
I am afraid, now everybody is opportunistic… so nobody is really clean
to point a finger at the other

But human will can not fail without a struggle,
My pessimistic view can be limited

Love
is

--