[Reader-list] Fwd: Fw: Re: i was stunned

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:28:21 IST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi <rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Reader-list] Fw: Re: i was stunned
To: Venugopalan K M <kmvenuannur at gmail.com>
Cc: Rajen Uppinangadi <rajen882uppinangadi at gmail.com>

Dear all,

   now that some semblance of maturity is prevalent in list as we talk about
the issues regarding the good governance going for a toss with corruption of
the individuals in politics, administration and judiciary, I must
congratulate the list and its members for the good thoughts about the issues
affecting the society. Having said that, some have reservations about me
talking about Modi, hence the clarification, have any of you have any proof
for the direct involvement of Modi in the riots except the media which was
on witch-hunting expedition for Congress, if so, please submit it to SIT on
the riots, let the facts come out, if it is true. All along it is perception
aided and abetted by partisan media that have been projected as intellectual
conception of Modi and his guilt of particpatory riots, which I strongly
take exception to. In case of the delhi riots, Jagadeesh Tytler and sajjan
Kumar had visited the police stations to get their "men" from detention. If
some body talks of works of tehelka, it does not much hold water as tehelka
is sister organisation of Amarinder singh sponsored media house, so once in
a while they have some small fish from all parties including the Congress
but their major target is only BJP.

  Media also have a dubious role when it comes to projection of crimes in
BJP ruled states, but in Congress ruled states they have a different
yardstick, which is worrysome for anyone in nation. For example, mayajal and
mayavathi was big song and dance sequence for IBN for one day, but very next
day when the OB van was attacked, correspondent beaten up, maya and mayajal
had wonderful effect on this channel and its anchor. BJP is soft target
because till now as a political party it has not shown its goon behaviour
and treated dissent with respect and studied silence. In Delhi when movement
of women became precarious, there was no special song and dance by anchors,
even rape and murders were in small captions for Delhi state, as all the
media house are located in and around Delhi and need the patronage of the
system of governance. If its RSS, media seem to be on overdrive as RSS
hardly has any PRO, except that recently, for the last few years a
spokesperson is there to respond with sane words unlike the goons of other
political spectrum.Talk of prince in waiting only in goody gody words, or
else the advertisement from PSU are affected, and so are the media in spin
for the prince and suddenly find all virtues in the same person about whom,
few months ago , they were talking of his immature comments on partition and
Bangladesh.!

   Fact of the matter is media and its spin doctors do all the jobs for a
valid consideration, nothing is free in this material world.?
 In the list as we exchange thoughts for all of us t have a better
understanding of the society and the time we live in, we need not be
mercenaries for any one, so when rakesh ji assumes that i hold brief for
Modi, he is going with his perception, nothing else. Being politically
correct is not quite possible if one would like to go with facts.

Regards,

 Rajen.

--
Rajen.